Emerging Leaders in Lactation Scholarship
The Emerging Leaders in Lactation (ELL) Scholarship was established by IBLCE® in the spirit of fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion among the community of International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) candidates and future leaders in the lactation profession. Those lactation professionals who demonstrate leadership potential, belong to a group historically underrepresented in the profession and its leadership, and who may otherwise be unable to pursue their IBCLC credential are offered the opportunity for financial assistance through the ELL Scholarship Programme.
Qualified applicants are eligible for full or partial financial assistance with the costs associated with earning the IBCLC®, including financial support for educational resources and including professional conference attendance and the IBCLC examination fee. Candidates who are selected to receive an ELL Scholarship will be encouraged to serve as leaders and mentors for others in their communities striving to become IBCLCs.
ELL Scholarships are made possible by the generous support of IBLCE as well as from donations from individuals committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the IBCLC community. The number of applicants supported each year, in both developed and developing countries throughout the world, depends on the available funds from these contributions. ELL Scholarship recipients may receive up to $5,000 (USD) each in financial aid, as determined by the MILCC Board, for costs associated with earning the IBCLC.
ELL Scholarship Criteria
ELL Scholarship applicants must:
• Fall into the category of groups historically underrepresented in the lactation community and leadership.
• Demonstrate leadership in their country or region.
• Have completed at least one of the IBCLC examination eligibility requirements (health science courses, lactation education, OR practice hours) at the time of application.
• Submit a plan for completion of the remaining eligibility requirements.
• Submit two professional recommendations; a recommendation from a current IBCLC in good standing is strongly preferred.
• Demonstrate financial need through the submission of a complete application.